Barnett Waddingham is proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy, wholly owned and managed by its partners. We are a leading provider of actuarial, administration, investment and consultancy services to pension schemes and other clients. Our team consists of over 1,320 people in eight offices, 82 of whom are partners, 60 principals, 109 associates, and 145 qualified actuaries.
Our current turnover is in excess of £80 million. This growth has been strong but it has also been controlled. We strive to go beyond the expectations of our clients by providing a high quality, professional service. We have not needed to market our services overtly and win new clients on the basis of our reputation and references from existing clients and other professional contacts.
Each business area has been successful and continues to expand. Most of our growth has been organic with each team successfully growing its client base and recruiting new members to the team each year. Some growth has also been through acquisition.
Partners are directly involved in providing services and advice to our clients. Each client is looked after by a team of people working in one of our offices. Each office provides a range of services to pension scheme trustees, employers and individuals including:
- Scheme Actuary and associated services to defined benefit (DB) pension schemes
- Strategic advice to employers in relation to pension schemes that they sponsor
- Advice relating to defined contribution (DC) pension schemes
- Flexible benefits advice and implementation
- Accounting for UK and international companies
- Advice on Local Authority and Public Sector Pensions (Municipalities)
- Investment strategy reviews and advice on investment managers
- Administration services including pensioner payroll, preparation of annual accounts, secretarial services and administration consultancy
- FCA-regulated advice relating to group personal and stakeholder pensions.
- Consultancy on insurance arrangements (group life, private medical and PHI), executive pension counselling and retirement options
- Expert witness work in legal disputes
We also provide actuarial and consulting services to insurance companies and, on behalf of the Actuarial Profession, carry out the mortality investigations and produce mortality tables used by insurance companies and pension scheme actuaries.
We provide specialist advice in relation to Small Self Administered Schemes (SSAS), Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP) and pension arrangements for senior executives.
We are a forward-thinking firm and put people first; we have a Smart Working policy that enables our employees to work from wherever they find most appropriate for them in order to work effectively with their team for the best benefit of their clients.