Lewis & Ellis, Inc., Actuaries & Consultants, has provided actuarial, risk management, and software consulting services since 1968. Our Kansas City, Dallas, Baltimore, Denver, Indianapolis, and London consultants work closely with business professionals worldwide. Our success is built on personal relationships, keen insight, technical expertise, and effective communication.
Providing the highest quality consulting services and software to meet our clients’ needs is our mission. We believe success is built on relationships with clear, concise and timely communication being essential in developing those relationships. At L&E you will find professionals dedicated to helping you build success.
The Insurance Services Division serves life, annuity, health, and property and casualty insurance clients in meeting the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace. Our wealth of experience provides critical insight for evaluating competitiveness and expected profitability. We work with our clients in staying abreast of current trends and regulatory requirements to stay a step ahead of the competition.
The Health Actuarial Practice provides technical and managerial “hands on” consulting in health care and insurance to hospitals, physicians, employers, insurance companies, and third-party payers. We take the time to understand your environment and do more than pull products “off the shelf”. We integrate strategic, marketing, and financial disciplines and provide clients with vital information to make decisions.
The Software Division provides Windows and Web-based systems to generate new or in-force illustrations for all types of insurance products. Our illustrations fully comply with current insurance regulations. Features include Needs Analysis, Internet Updates, and support for Straight-Thru-Processing. Our systems provide the functionality agents desire in an easy to use interface.
L&E has established itself as one of the leading international experts in the life settlement arena. We have provided valuation, pricing, expert testimony and other consulting services to federal and state governments, investors, and providers. We have developed software to assist in valuing portfolios of policies as well as individual policies for subsequent purchase.
- Pricing and valuation of life, annuity, health and casualty insurance
- Merger, acquisition, and formation of companies
- Financial reporting
- Company or product analysis and valuation
- Product development
- Embedded value of company or product line
- Health, welfare, and group benefits
- Long-term Care
- Life Settlements
- Retiree medical and life benefits for both GASB and FASB purposes
- State policy form filing
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Innovative software packages
- Expert testimony and consultation
- Examination support for regulators and governing agencies
- Benchmarking employer Health experience to actuarial norms adjusted to demographics, area, and benefit plan
- Retiree drug subsidy attestations and modeling
- Insurance Desk, customized Windows-based illustration system
- E-InsDesk, customized web-based illustration system
- In Force illustrations supported on the Internet or desktop
- LEAPPS®, actuarial pricing and projection system
- LE*XTRAS™, reserve and cash value factor generator
- LE*XPOSURE™, termination exposure study and Monte Carlo simulation system
- LE*XLTOOLS™, Excel® add-in of life contingency functions
- Credit Insurance Valuation System
- Health Care Model, interactive health pricing and modeling
- Life Settlement Valuation and Pricing System